What is a Healthy Vagina Diet?
One can keep the vagina healthy by following a healthy vagina diet. The foods that keep the female reproductive organ fit, also keep the whole body fit. As the vagina is subjected to many kinds of disorders like yeast infection, vaginal discharge and other infections, it is important to take good care of it. Following a simple healthy vagina diet and basic hygiene, one can keep the bad bacteria and fungus at bay.
Foods to Eat in a Healthy Vagina Diet
- Yogurt: The best food for your nether region is yogurt. It is packed with good bacteria which help the vagina to keep itself healthy. The main ingredient in yogurt is acidophilus which prevents yeast infections and also helps in treating it. Acidophilus also boosts the immune system and assists the digestive system. Low-fat yogurt sound good for your vagina.
- Beta-Carotene: The nutrient beta-carotene is also believed to prevent and treat yeast infection keeping the down area healthy. Beta-carotene gets converted into Vitamin A and helps in other physiological functions of the body. Some important source are:
- Sweet potatoes
Foods to Avoid in a Healthy Vagina Diet
In order to keep the female reproductive organ free from infection, one should avoid the consumption of certain foods like:
- Foods high in sugar: Sugar creates a breeding ground for bacteria that can cause infections. So foods like soda, baked foods and canned fruit juices should be cut down from the diet.
- Alcohol: Alcohol might also increase the risk of yeast infection. So, go slow on alcohol consumption.
- High or refined fats: Refined and high fats act as hindrances to the immune system, making the body weak to fight against infection.
The diet is easy to follow and quite simple. Therefore, make this healthy vagina diet a part of your life and your body will definitely thank you for it.